Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Canadia Update

So my time in Canadia hasn't been all it was cracked up to be. There have been good times, to be sure, with family and friends. But health-wise I've been somewhat miserable. And I haven't got much done schoolwork-wise at all, which is probably due in large part to the fact that I've been busier than anticipated, especially in driving and going to doctors appointments. And its just hard to come home, when you've changed and others have changed and relationships aren't exactly the same. I know I speak in generalities. Sorry. I've been battling an eye issue which is related to my auto-immune stuff and makes it hard to read when I have to be dialted. I have also had to deal with a parasite infestation thanks to the beaches of Belize. I was looking forward to doing some work during my free time, but haven't really been in the same place long enough to get in any rhythm. Having to coordinate travel with not having a car, and with having a motorbike but potential dialated eyes or suspect weather. And it's nice to have people want to see you, but sometimes it gets overwhelming.

Am I just whining, or telling it like it is?

Some highlights (in no particular order): Coffee with an old friend this evening. Trip to Canmore and spontaneous 10km fundraising run with Mark, his gf and other friends. Dinner and walk with Ian. Time with Mom, with Dad, with Grandparents, just hanging out at their homes. Pool and movie with Jer. Beers with John. Cards with Bro.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Yes it gets terribly overwhelming visiting people...but on the other hand, be thankful you're loved by so many people. I would be one of those people competing to visit you during your precious time with us in the Great North but alas, I'm several provinces away. Hopefully your eye gets better and you can enjoy your return to your home country a little more.